Corrugated City

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Apolo Restaurant Review

We went to the Apolo (end of Paseo Yugoslavia/top of Subida Apolo) for dinner last night. This isn't going to be a particularly long review because everything was rubbish except the wine. Seeing as we were the only patrons all night the service was terrible, with a surly and arrogant waiter. The food was sloppy and average. I'd forgotten that the last time we went there, everyone came away dodgy stomachs.

Apolo's sister restaurant next door La Columbina is much, much nicer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We agree.. ill for a week. Wine was good

Anonymous said...

This is very strange. I've so enjoyed Apolo 77 that I make a point of going there when I'm in Valparaiso. The last time I had one of the best octopus dishes I've ever had and the time before splendid pork ravioli. Nothing has ever been less than very good to excellent, absolutely no digestion problems, and the bread and special butter worth the trip. One of the very best restaurants in the area.

Matt said...

Apolo gets really good reviews and i know a few people who love the place and disagree with my verdict. I can only judge on my experiences and the two times i've been it's been really, really poor. The same i'll say about Pasta e Vino-Valpo's most famous restaurant and supposedly one of the best in the country. I've had 2 bad experiences there although i will give it another go at some point soon (P e V that is, not Apolo).