Corrugated City

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Educational Graffiti

There was another march today about the state of the educational system here in Chile (bad) and a recent bill that passed through congress. To be honest, I haven't really been following the whole thing very closely so I don't have all that much to say. If you do, feel free to post. What I do know is that there are two separate causes at the moment. One is the bill I just mentioned and the other is the pase escolar which is the subsidised transport pass for students. Protests about this topic have lead to both students and bus drivers going on strike (they're not in agreement with each other) and universities being 'taken', resulting in cancelled classes.

So this piece of graffiti says: splurg running over education (I couldn't read the first word).


And this one asks: State Education? with ironic question marks.


That's it.

No comments: